Sponser

Sunday, April 7, 2013

#RantnRave: WORK FOR YOURSELVES BLACK FOLKS!


This Post is a part of what I call my #RantNRave series! I am about to go in on something that I am tired of, or that I find ridicules. So lets get right to it! I'm tired of working for other people you guys. I mean waking up at a certain time, getting off whenever they let you, and laying you off at the time that you need the crappy job the most is for the dam birds. I am on a quest to do my own thing, and there is nothing that is going to stop me. Let me tell you what I got going on yall. I currently work two full time jobs. My first love is music, and my major goal is to start my own independent label which is on its way. My second love is travel, which I became a travel agent a few months ago, and I am working this business out of my home. If God Blesses me, I will be moving into an office in the next six months. While I am doing that, I am one class away from having my bachelors degree in Criminal Justice. So if these plans don't work out, I will enter the world of law enforcement, but it will be as a private investigator from a company that I will own.

It's very hard to do all of these things, but you know what else, its even harder punching the clock for two different businesses. I mean if I can do these jobs for these two locations, why in the hell can't I work hard for myself. I know its not easy guys, but I'm sick n tired of hearing black folks saying "I hope my job don't lay off", or "I just want to work here until I retire". We slave over these low paying jobs and make these white folks rich, while we cant even take our family on a good five day vacation. Even when we can afford it, we have to ask them for permission to take time off. In everything that I do I want to make things better for my people. With my travel agency, I want to provide jobs for my people, and also offer them affordable trips and show them how to travel for less, not mark up a trip so that they can't even afford it. With my music, I want to show my people how to make money from there music without loosing control and creativity of their music. Why can't we just put our heads together and get this money folks?

Its hard to start a business, God knows it is. I am doing everything on my own, and I will be successful at whatever I do because GOD is with me and has shown me the way. My main focus at the moment is my travel agency, and I am going to let that fund my label. This shit is not easy, and I could use some help from family and friends, but guess what, you can't get black folks to do shit but sit back and talk about how something is not going to work. Well, while yall are sitting back hating, I will be sitting on the beach with my laptop in my lap sippin on a pina colada. Black people we can do whatever we want to do, just find out what it is that you want out of life, study it, and make plans to do it. Things are hard for me because I want to do more than one thing, so I have to concentrate on the easiest thing for me to do, then move on to the next. Stop being so dam scared, if you aint working for yourself, then more than likely you are punching a clock owned by someone who does not even respect ya. Keep on making "dem folks" rich, I know how I am, and who I am destined to become. Peace!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...