Sponser

Sunday, July 21, 2013

WHY DID WE WAIT FOR TRAYVON TO DIE?



Now I am personally happy to see my people come together and fight for our rights and for justice, but why did we have to wait for 17 year old Trayvon Martin to die? When I heard those words Not Guilty in the case against George Zimmerman, I was not at all surprised. I actually felt like he would get off by what I had seen during the trial. Was I upset, hell yes, but it was not a big shocker to me.

I spend alot of time on the internet reading the news, and something that I see all of the time is African Americans being mistreated, killed, and thrown in jail unfairly. Hell, I see this locally on a regular basis, and there is nothing being done about it. Now, I do not expect any other race to step up and fight for us, this is something that blacks have to stand up for, including myself. Let me be all the way real for a second, America is still very much the racial place it was when they first brought us over here. Yeah we have rights, we can sit in the front of the bus, and they gave some of us negro's decent jobs, but let's not stop there. Look who makes up the majority of the prisoners, look who is most unemployed or are making low wages, look who gets harassed by cops on the daily, look who is considered to be the scum of the earth, and look who is being stereotyped by what they wear, BLACK FOLKS!

What I am trying to say is, we should have been doing something about these problems way before Trayvon dying. I think that we have gotten to comfortable by thinking that we are equal in this country. Now here is what I think we are going to have to do as a people, we are going to have to stop looking to white folks to make things right. We are going to have to build family's, instead of baby mama's and daddies so that we can raise our kids up the right way. We are going to have to become more of business men and women, instead of working for others. We are going to have to shop with each other, and cut out ALL others. Long story short, Black Folks we are going to have to stick together the same way every other race has done. Its time for me to go hit these folks clock, got to cut my post short. Peace and Blessings! What do you think?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...