Sponser

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Where you at? You ain't my Daddy!



So I was at work the other day listening the conversations of my messy co-workers. The topic of the day was the usual, relationships. One of my female co-workers stated that she did not want a cell phone because she did not want her husband checking up on her. The first question that came to mind was... What do you mean checking up? Do you mean that you do not want him calling to check on you? Do you mean that you dont want him to call and say baby how you doing? These two things are fine in marriage. I want my wife to call me and say what you doing baby, or how is your day? Sometimes I need to hear her voice to get me through a day of battling these white folks(no pun intended white people). No if he is calling to see where you at, and where you going because of trust issues, then there is a problem. Now I asked the question, did you give him a reason not to trust, and she said yes. She said that she wants to be able to get off of work, go where she wants with no one knowing where she is. So Im like if someone were to snatch you up, your husband nor your fam will know where to began to look for you. My other co-worker said that her husband does not call her at all, nor does she wants him to. Now to me, this does not sound like two lovers for life, these sound like two couples who really can do without each others. Marriage should not be this way. I mean I thought people got married to love, share, honor, cherish, and take care of each other, not be annoyed at the sound of your mates voice. 
I am shocked at the amount of black woman who feel this way. Now before you get married, you want a man who pays you some attention, you get one an you dont want it. I mean what is it? It makes me sick to my stomach to hear how someone can go home to someone everyday, and act like they are enemies. Marriage is serious business, and its not to be taken lightly. Your spouse is there to the end. There are no if, ands, or buts, this is to death. What that person feels is more important than your own. A man should be willing to die to keep his wife breathing if giving the chance, and vice versa. In a time when blacks are getting married less, and a whole lot of divorcing, one should be scared to loose their mates. A black woman knows how hard it is to snatch a good man, hell half of us are in jail. So why not cherish a dude that wants to give you a simple phone call. Why not call him an tell him where you going, any real man wants to know that his wife is ok. Now remember this, when dude is gone, you would be dying for someone to give you a call, and say baby where you at. Why don't our women want to answer to us? Why do we constantly get the "you aint my daddy treatment". Nah, your husband can never be ya daddy, but he's much deeper than that, he is who you are one with, and you promised GOD that you would take care of him. If a man is taking care of his biz, then why not be more submissive. Women and men need different things from each other. Sometimes a black man needs his ego stroked. We battle, and often times feel low on our jobs, so we do not want to come home and feel small there as well. Why does everything have to be challenged ladies?  I don't want to be my wife's daddy,  but I want to be the only one with a set of B@!!$ in my house. Sometimes its not about being controlling, its just about feeling like a man. We have been beat down so much, we should not get the same thing off of our women. I mean come on, you ladies want what you want when you want it, and if you got a real man it shall be, but how can we give you what you want when we can't even ask where you at?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...